Wednesday, December 26, 2007

The Count Down

I just wanted to write and say that I will see you next year. Which is less than a week away. And I am a nervous wreck. And I woke up this morning and felt very strongly that I could no longer spell. But I think it's just my nerves revving up for great disappointment as the new year arrives next week. And I am going to sit on my porch in Carpinteria and wait for the clock to strike midnight and really try and see if anything has changed.

I think it's gonna I think it's gonna.

Because God knows why but I have this positive feeling that maybe just maybe the bad stuff might be over if only for a short while and I might be one of the humans going through a good patch instead of a bad patch and I might actually be able to wake up in the morning and not be afraid to come out from under the covers.

So I'm starting to count down now and I will see you next year and maybe I won't recognize you because you will look so different and maybe you will look like your very best self and we can swim together or have a glass of wine and maybe we can do our goodly deeds together and maybe the Palestinians and the Israelis can break bread and we'll leave Iraq and the first female president of Iraq will be elected and women will remove their veils and we as a country will ask their forgiveness and no one anywhere will be hungry and everyone everywhere will have shelter and disease will be cured and there will be jobs and families and peace and love I will never feel pain again nor will you......................

Happy New Year.........Hallelujah.

8 comments:

SouthernDaze said...

Here's to the new year bringing you a "good patch" to walk through....and I do hope that all your new year wishes come true! Take care! vicki

OldLady Of The Hills said...

Hey Trish....Have a swell time in Carpenteria, and just know that some "instructions" await your return....! It will be better, It will be better, it will be better....Just Click Your Heels, my dear....(And I'll click mine, too!)

Unknown said...

This sounds like the right time for a lurker like me to thank you for all that you've shared this past year. (I've only been checking-in on you since August or so.)I've had a hard year too, of a very different sort, and so I too have been longing to leave '07 behind. Let's hope we all get the future you've wished for.

Leslie said...

Ho Ho Ho Agawak girls are tops wherever they go. I'm thinking of you lots!! Leslie

Leslie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Style Bard said...

Happy New Year!

Barbara said...

One must always listen to the Beatles..."Doncha know it's getting bettah...bettah all the time..." Happy New Year Trish!

Barbara said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.