Friday, October 5, 2007

He's back.....

Hello, again. Andy Parks here. Now... don't panic! Trish is all right! In fact, she's more than all right, she's driven up to Carpenteria and is spending a long week-end. So ... she called me to ask me to alert her blog-fans (blogophiles?) that she won't be posting anything new until Tuesday of next week. So, I've done that. ..... Now what? ....
My assigned duty has been carried out, and I should probably just go, but it occurred to me that while I was covering for Trish when she was in the hospital, I didn't really go into much detail about my long association with her. I'll just share one fact: 29 years ago, Trish and I played bats together. It was in a Michael McClure one-act called "The Masked Choir". We hung, by our knees, from the light grid of the Company Theatre in home-made bat costumes and sang "Baby You've Got the Universe In the Palm of Your Hand" while we were upside down. Below us, there were two gauzily-dressed nymphs, two giant pandas, two (or maybe only one) dancing water buffalo, and the eponymous Masked Choir, likewise singing (though right-side up). You don't hardly get theatre like that any more.
Trish and I were already fast friends by that time ... but hanging upside down and singing (try it some time... your diaphragm doesn't work that way!) deepened our bond considerably.
Bat-girl will be back on Tuesday.

1 comment:

OldLady Of The Hills said...

I LOVE the picture of you and Trish being hanging Bats! LOL! Somehow I missed that one!