Saturday, February 7, 2009

Memorial for Trish

Well... in spite of the fact that Trish claimed she didn't want to have a "big deal" made on her account ... we're planning a "little deal" in a BIG space.
There will be a memorial celebration for Trish on:

Sunday, February 22, at 11:00 a.m.

Yes, that IS Acadamy Awards day... and since Trish loved to watch the Awards we thought it was an appropriate day... and at a time that would let people get back to their "place of choice" in time for the red carpet interviews.
(For the past many years Trish got together with a group of "like-minded" women to watch the awards. I always wanted to go, and even suggested I could disguise myself as a woman ... but it was not to be. In remains a mysterious event in my mind. I don't know what they get up to there, but I know it has to be funny).

ANYWAY.... that's Sunday, February 22, at 11:00 a.m.
AT:
Park Century School
3939 Landmark Street
Culver City, CA 90232

The school is located on Landmark Street, just south of Washington Blvd. and one block west of National. (This is very near the intersection of Venice Blvd. and Robertson to give you a general location). There are two small parking lots for the school, but ample street parking in the neighborhood on a Sunday morning.

Park Century was the school that Trish taught at for the Virginia Avenue Project ... they just moved last year to this beautiful new building, which they kindly offered for the celebration. I think it's an appropriate and meaningful venue.

The "official" part of the program is still be locked in, but mostly it will be a day to see old friends, meet new ones, and laugh together remembering one of the best and funniest people we knew.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will be there in spirit. And on that day, I will be sending up prayers for Trish. Thanks Andy for all you are doing for Trish.

We will miss her. Anne

Roberta J. said...

I concur with everything Anne said!

Roberta

LESLIE said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
LESLIE said...

I will speak here on behalf of "Pooch's" Agawak friends from our summers in Minocqua, Wisconsin, since I've been following the blog for quite some time. For those of us who won't be in L.A. for this memorial, I know we will be thinking about her at that time. We hope to gather together in Chicago at some point to share our memories of her among ourselves. To her family whom we didn't know...please know that she was as funny and spirited back then as she has been all the years you've known her! And to those organizing the memorial, please say a word from the Agawak girls.

Unknown said...

Thank you Andy. We'll be there. Anne and Bob Moloney

Candice said...

What a wonderful way to pay tribute to an amazing lady. I am sorry I am not able to attend, but my thoughts and remembrance will be with Trish's friends and family. It is my frevernt hope that us folks from Chicago will be able to get together to remember and share our memories of Trish. Andy, thank you for keeping us informed. I was wondering if it would be possible and fitting if you or some of Trish's friends and family have some photos of Trish and Will that you could provide here by posting a link so we have her in our hearts and remember always. Thank you again Andy, for sharing this blog with all that loved and admired Trish.

Candice Schuster (Yeargin)

OldLady Of The Hills said...

I so wish I could be there to Honor and Remember along with everyone else, that delightful Sprite and Spirit we all knew and loved. I will be thinking of her and of all of you, too...At the appointed time.....My, My...it's in just a few days....!

A lovely idea about some pictures, Andy...That would be a great gift for everyone!

Unknown said...

Yes, she was a Sprite - moving to read these comments from her childhood friends. I'm off the memorial in a few minutes. Gathering my memories - too scant, but precious - of the blonde with the smiling, impossibly-blue eyes. When I hear her voice, it's always pitched upward with intensity, a kind of comic incredulity that in fact believed the best about everything in the face of drearier facts.

Unknown said...

Yes, she was a Sprite - moving to read these comments from her childhood friends. I'm off the memorial in a few minutes. Gathering my memories - too scant, but precious - of the blonde with the smiling, impossibly-blue eyes. When I hear her voice, it's always pitched upward with intensity, a kind of comic incredulity that in fact believed the best about everything in the face of drearier facts.

Laurel Ann Bogen said...

Dear Andy,

How I hated hearing the news of Trish's passing. I am wondering if there might be a charity or organization I might make a contribution to in her name. Been somewhat lost in my own world these days, but never ever ever will forget her talent, humor, and gift. Laurel Ann Bogen

David Haas said...

Hello,
I have a question about your blog. Please email me!
Thanks,
David

Ellen said...

Whoever, long ago, posted about Trish's memorial....you must have had a password to get in there, no? I have wanted my name and email address (which is within a comment I made in 2008) removed from this blog. Andy Parks said there was no way to do that....however you who posted about the memorial must have the password, and would be able to do that. Ellen Butterfield